Friday, July 29, 2011

Improve your productivity with co-working

It has been five months since I started using a coworking space at Buro Miami: Urban Workspaces so I wanted to give you an update. It definitely has been an very positive experience. I will give you my appreciation of the good, the (not-so) bad and my final thoughts.

The good

  • The place is always clean and the environment nice and friendly.
  • Lots of energy and people taking care of business - it motivates you.
  • Environment/decor is great for bringing clients to your office - plan ahead if you need to reserve a meeting room.
  • The people around you are, for the most part, quiet and respectful of your space and will generally walk away to an empty space to have phone conversations - I do the same thing. 
  • The dress code depends on you and your aim for the day so it ranges from fully relaxed (short and a t-shirt) to business formal. 
  • Full service office: copier, fax, mail room, receptionist, etc. 
  • Many additional services/benefits: discount card to local businesses, sandwich service to the office, Spanish lessons...
  • For me, it is a tax-deductible expense (check your tax laws).
The (not-so) bad
  • Parking is not in the building so you have to walk (a block tops). It is only a problem if it rains.
Final Thoughts
For me, the thing that sealed the deal is that my productivity skyrockets when I am there (as compared to my home-office) because I get into full work mode. As you can tell, I like everything about the place. I would recommend anyone working from home to give co-working a try.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks your for your sharing. Hope to se many artical from you.

    I also need your help to fix many issue from my website:
    http://www.mshoatoeic.com

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete